Derby Moor Academy (Primary School)
Students found the workshop really inspiring. They loved the style of delivery and several of the more disaffected told me things they had learnt from it later in the day. Several staff stopped me to tell me how inspiring it had been and I’ve already been asked to look at what else you do.
Leeds West Academy (Secondary School)
I just wanted to take the opportunity to thank you and Positively MAD for being part of ur SPACE Day (Social, Personal and Citizenship Education) on Friday. Your presentation was thought provoking, inspirational and I know will be impactful in assisting the students in our Year 11, 12 and 13 with overcoming the hurdles they will face during their exam series. The manner in which you presented your message and the strategies you gave them (and also the staff who were in the audience) were practical, underpinned by scientific research, but more importantly....fun. This will be a truly memorable moment in their education. I believe the biggest accolade we can give is that we want you and Positively MAD back to work with our students again this term. I am also exceptionally pleased that you could be the keynote presented for our inaugural Engage Evening. The parents of Year 10-13 who attended were exceptionally impressed with your presentation, and the strategies you shared with them in supporting their child with revision, memorisation and exam stress. I have included their feedback below:
"Great useful information-great presentation"
"Very informative and well thought out evening. It was very informative and provided useful information"
"Very useful and informative"
"Well done LWA. Helping both parents and students in getting ready for the upcoming exams"
"Thank you LWA for putting on this event. Looking forward to the next Engage Evening".
Coppice Performing Arts School (Secondary School)
Excellent event. Students and staff both got a lot out of it and are planning to use the new revision skills learnt. The sessions were great. I would like to book Shenaz for another day in March to come and work with the students.
James Hamilton Academy (Secondary School)
• Information was well suited to age group and there was good variation of tasks and stimuli
• Content was relevant and interesting
• Messages were very positive about how to deal with tough situations, how to be respectful and determined through life
• Pupils were engaged for the whole period, listening and participating in equal measure. This was particularly highlighted when pupils were taught how to count to 10 in Japenese – whole cohort were out of their seats and taking part
• Presenter was very engaging, funny and used lots of personal experiences to put points across
• Presenter interacted well with pupils and the pupils responded well to her
• Presenter was enthusiastic and positive
• Pupils were engaged and responded well
• Shenaz was a high energy, inspirational person who appeared to get the pupils fully engaged in activities. She made learning easy and enjoyable an I’m sure was contributing to pupils’ positive approach
• Shenaz had a great rapport with the pupils and they responded well to her
Dunclug College (Secondary School)
Very energetic and enthusiastic presentation from Steve, who clearly portrayed the importance of study skills, mind maps and revision. An excellent resource for our pupils. A well-structured and paced presentation of value.
Super Speed Study Skills
St. Louis Grammar (Secondary School)
This ‘Super Study Skills’ event was well received by all our Year 11 pupils and expertly presented by Steve. The pupils finished the day armed with a range of multi-sensory learning techniques which will hopefully make their study time in the future more effective and even enjoyable! Thanks for the ‘memories’ Steve.
Super Speed Study Skills
Queen Elizabeth II High School (Secondary School)
Another excellent day with Positively Mad. Shenaz, the course leader, led the year 11 and year 10 students through the ‘Exam Busters’ and ‘Super Speed Study Skills’ courses respectively with her useful infectious enthusiasm and sense of fun as well as including hard hitting facts to encourage students to study effectively to get the right grades for whatever they want to do post 16. The students left armed with a wealth of useful ideas about to learn and revise effectively. We will certainly be looking to book the courses again next year